January 13, 2015

Gods Messengers Dancer Spotlights


Alexis Smith

Alexis has been dancing for 23 years and has decided she will never stop.  Trained in ballet, tap, jazz, pointe, modern, hip hop, and ballroom, Alexis loves all styles of movement.  She graduated in 2010 from Southern Utah University with a Bachelor's Degree in Dance Performance.  Since then, she has had the wonderful opportunity to dance professionally and share her passion of movement through teaching.  Alexis recently returned from serving a mission in the Arizona Mesa Mission (the best mission ever) and cannot even describe how those 18 months have shaped the rest of her life for the better.  She is so excited to be back on God's Messengers and what makes it even better is experiencing this wonderful company with her sister, Kayla!  She would like to thank her family for their constant support and love. "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things."  Alma 26:12

Melissa Wilding


Melissa has been dancing since she was three training in many disciplines including mainly: modern, ballet, and jazz. She was apart of the Dixie State Dance Company for 4 semesters, she was a Dixie High Jetette, apart of the Nutcracker Ballet with St. George Ballet Company, in a performing company with Westside Dance Studio and in God’s Messangers for her third year! She has her bachelor’s degree from UVU in Deaf Studies. She is really excited to be apart of God’s Messanger’s this year!
2 Nephi 22:2 &5 “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things; this is known in all the earth.

KATIE REED
Katie Reed has been dancing since she was three years old; first in her mother's dance school, and then onto competitive dance in 7th grade at Luv2Dance in Kaysville. She was on her high school drill team for three years and continued dancing into college, where she became a member of the Dixie State College Dance Team for two years and the Dixie State Dance Company for the next three semesters. Katie is a second year member of God's Messengers and is soaking up all the amazing blessings from being a part of it.
1 Corinthians 2:3 "And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling."
God is good! He loves us and He is always there for us. I testify that if we put God first and put the hard work in, we will be blessed beyond our imaginations.

No comments: